Homeowner’s Summer Check-List
Top 10 Must Do
- Change AC and heating system filters.
- Flush out AC drain line with bleach twice during the summer.
- Check for loose railings or damage on wood decks. Repair, if needed.
- Inspect fencing and gates for damage. Repair, if needed.
- Clean all outdoor furniture.
- Thoroughly clean and inspect outdoor grill.
- Have fireplace chimney professionally inspected and cleaned.
- Scrape any loose paint from siding and wood trim, then prime and paint.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
- Pull all weeds and add mulch to gardens and planting beds.
If Time and Budget Allow
- Clean grilles and fan blades on bathroom exhaust fans.
- Inspect for cracks in concrete foundation walls, driveways and sidewalks. Fill cracks with concrete repair caulk.
- Repair cracks in asphalt driveway. Re-coat, if needed.
- Clean and deodorize garbage disposal.
- Wash or replace shower curtains.
- Remove all heating/cooling registers (grilles); thoroughly clean and replace.
A Little Something Extra
- Purge, clean and organize the garage. Schedule a garage sale, if needed.
- Inspect portable and home standby generators. Perform regular maintenance, if necessary.
- Paint the front door a bold color or refinish existing stain. Add sealer to protect.
- Organize one closet.