We Keep You Cool When You Need It Most
When you need AC Repair in Houston, you want the best. That’s Du-West Air Conditioning because we fix it if it cools or heats. No matter who put it in or how long ago. You call, and we’re on our way to get your system up and going again. Nothing is more miserable than not having a working AC in Houston. Ensure the best indoor air quality for your home or business with professional AC repair from Du-West. Learn why routine maintenance and repairs are crucial to maintaining healthy air indoors.
Our AC service team is here for emergency repairs or scheduled maintenance. We are a full-service HVAC business that offers speedy and reliable help. Whether you need a simple or complex repair, we have the experience and tools to handle it. No matter WHAT brand system you have:
- American Standard
There No Need To Sweat Houston AC Repair Service—Anytime
Du-West has trained AC repair techs standing by 24-hours, every day. You don’t schedule AC trouble. You just want relief. We get that. That’s why we arrive when promised, get right to work diagnosing your system and getting it cooling again.
The Houston AC Repair Process
When your unit is not functioning correctly or is not working, we first perform a full inspection. The technicians discuss what they find and their recommendations with you. Our technicians do not start on any AC repair project without your consent or informing you of what is wrong, the cost, and a repair time estimate. We understand that air conditioning is necessary here, which is why our Houston AC repair team works efficiently. However, you can rest assured that they will not sacrifice quality by cutting corners.
Common Houston AC Repair Needs
Although there are many other potential issues, these are some of the most common types of repairs we handle in Houston:
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is the substance that your AC uses to remove heat and humidity from the air. If your AC is low on refrigerant, it was undercharged at installation or leaks.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils: Your AC’s evaporator coil is filled with refrigerant and is responsible for absorbing heat from the air. If it gets too cold, ice can build up outside. When that happens, you’ll get warm air or none coming from your air conditioning supply registers.
- Dirty Condenser Coils: These are part of your outdoor AC unit and remove heat from the air by expelling it outside the building. If they get too dirty, the system can’t function properly, and the air conditioner parts can wear out faster.
- Fan Problems: A fan blows indoor air over your unit’s evaporator coil to cool the air, and another blows air over the outdoor unit’s condenser to expel absorbed heat outside the building. If either of these fans isn’t working correctly due to a faulty motor, lack of lubrication, worn belts, or too much dirt and debris, you could have poor airflow and air conditioner problems.
- Leaking Ducts: The ductwork that runs through your walls and ceilings carries the cooled air from the air conditioner throughout your home. But if there are holes or breaks in the ducts (caused by rodents or careless workers), that expensive cooled air ends up inside your walls where it’s not doing anybody any good.
- Thermostat Issues: Sometimes, the problem is not with the air conditioning unit but with the thermostat. An incorrectly calibrated thermostat can result in discomfort, and it can make your AC work harder than necessary, which wastes energy.
- Clogged Drains: All the moisture your air conditioner removes from the air must go somewhere. It’s supposed to be removed from the space through a drain line, into a pan, and finally down a drain. But if the line or drain gets clogged and the pan overflows, the water can damage the system or your home.
How Long Does AC Take To Repair?
Several factors influence how long a repair takes. The unit model, its age, part availability, technician availability, and the project’s complexity are a few key factors. We can often complete repairs in a day if parts and technicians are available. The easiest way to find out how long your repair will take is to give us a call. Once we inspect the unit, we can give you a more specific time estimate.
Call for Houston AC Repair
Our technicians are available 24/7 to handle Houston AC repair emergencies. We also work with your schedule for non-urgent repairs. Please call us for any AC repair needs. We value your satisfaction and stand behind our work. We also provide maintenance services and various other HVAC services in Houston.
Should you repair your existing Air Conditioning system or is it time to replace it?
- If your current AC system is 15+ years old then the components have already began to degrade, and you are buying time till there will be a major component failure. While it is not necessary to replace the system due to age alone you should expect component failure is coming and budget ahead accordingly. Many homeowners with systems of this age choose to preemptively replace their AC systems so they are not left without AC during the heat of the summer.
- If your current AC system is 10+ years old and a major component has failed it may be time to replace your AC system here too. If, for example, an outdoor unit (condenser) requires repairs that total half of the cost for a replacement of the complete outdoor unit then it begins to make sense to replace the unit. Repairing only the broken components will get you a 10-year parts warranty only on those replacement components. Replacing the whole unit will get you a 10-year parts warranty on everything.
- If your current AC system is a builder’s grade code minimum system, then odds are it is not very efficient, and your energy bill lets you know this every month. While the energy savings payback wouldn’t make sense to replace a brand-new builder’s grade AC system if your system is several years old and already starting to have maintenance issues then you may consider a new AC system to save on that energy bill.